The Toyota Highlander Against the
Highlander is a mid-size crossover SUV that's perfect for
both solo driving as well as loading up the family and hitting the road for a
vacation you'll be sure to remember. We have this gorgeous vehicle here at Mark
Jacobson Toyota and have pitted it head-to-head with a prime competitor, the
Ford Explorer. Take a look below to see how they compare and
discover why the Highlander is well-deserving of a spot in your list of
The Toyota Highlander vs. the Ford
- The MSRP of the Highlander's base trim is $31,390, which is
more affordable than the Ford Explorer's base trim MSRP of $32,105.
- The Highlander affords you better EPA-estimated fuel efficiency in
the city as well as on the highway, ensuring your drives go on for that much
longer than in the Ford Explorer.
- You'll find seating for eight passengers in the Highlander, while the
Ford Explorer only offers seating for seven passengers.
- You'll enjoy increased front leg room in the Highlander so even the
tallest drivers will have no trouble getting comfortable on errands and
- The maximum cargo capacity with all the rear seats folded down in the
Highlander is higher than the Ford Explorer, allowing you to fit more luggage
and items when you're ready to hit the road for a vacation.
- According to Edmunds.com, the Toyota Highlander has scored
considerably higher Average Consumer Ratings for Interior, Reliability,
Performance, Safety, Comfort, Technology, and Value - that's every
- On even the base trim level of the Highlander, you'll discover nearly
twice as many exterior color options as well as an addition al interior color
choice, ensuring your ability to express your unique personality as you